April 6, 2009

Easter Sockies!

I just can't see giving a two year old a basket of chocolate. Not a good plan I would think :-) My kid really would choose cherry tomatoes over sweets most days, so instead of the usual easter basket fillings, I'm providing her with more nutritionally sound alternatives. Graham crackers, fruit snacks, some new books, and.......some easter sockies! Now that I think about it, this may be the first think I have made for Ivria. I'm a crafty nut most of the time, but after she was born I didn't get back into any of my craft stash for over a year. So, her baby sister on the way gets a hanky bonnet, and big sis gets socks. This is some of the new Altin Basak I got, very pretty for little girl feet I think. She has new white sandals to wear on easter so these will look nice. And I think that even though she is two, she might really appreciate them! She is always playing dress up, and she is always trying to invade tatting corner, perhaps she will recognize the tatting I've done. She likes to come over and point to whatever I am doing and say what can be loosely translated from toddlerspeak as "ooooohhhh pretty"

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm sure your daughter will love her new sockies! I just hear that my granddaughters are growing out of their tatted-edge socks, so I guess I'd better get tatting!

Unknown said...

Those sockies will provide a LOT of fiber, LOL!

Cute tatting! I like the thread. Where did you purchase the Altin Basak from? I hope you don't mind my asking, but I want to get some more. Dantatter sent me a sample or two for Christmas and I want more.

Krystle said...

I got the altin basak from ebay, here is their store. http://stores.ebay.com/DEMIS-AND-JULIES-CROCHET-HEAVEN

I reccomend them, they ship fast! I bought a set of six varigated colors from them for $21 after shipping, not a bad price.