June 29, 2010

My first Custom-er

Much in the way of craziness has gone on since my last blog post, but things are settlin down a tad and I can breathe easier I guess. One of the big changes around here is that we have a houseguest for the summer. A co-worker of my husbands is in need of a temporary place to live, so we offered our "playroom" with the futon, and he is helping toward the extra costs.....and he does the dishes several times a week. I was a little nervous about the whole setup at first, but everything is working out well. And, did I mention that he does dishes?
In the way of tatting, I scrambled last week to get ready and do another craft show. It was small but I did sell a few things, and made some contacts and got lots of interest. One idea that came from my mad get-ready scramble, is a simple treatment for tealights. I don't know if I'll sell them or not, but the idea was there so I did it just to work it out.

Here is another piece that was finished for the show, and it will be listed in the shop this afternoon.



In related news, I've had to be honest with myself and realize that I will not be able to sustain doing every craft show that comes my way. I have too many things going on in life! So I will probably do one more this summer, and then start working ahead for the holiday season and do one or two more shows.

In unrelated but exciting news, I have been comissioned by a fellow esty seller to make a set of jewelry for her traditional wedding in Estonia! I know that's in Europe, but I am going to pinpoint it on a map just for kicks. Anyway, this is my first custom request on Etsy, so that explains the title of this post. I will show the finished set once the wedding is over, but I am scrambling to finish it this week because of the expected shipping time....the wedding is in just a few weeks.




6 comments:

Miranda said...

What an honor that she would choose you as her custom jeweler!

Agnieszka Winnicka said...

Oh wow, they look just like my tea light holders from Valentine's Day http://agasunset.blogspot.com/2010/05/new-light.html
Haha, small world...

God's Kid said...

I just love the piece you made for the show. The colors are awesome and the design is very nice! And the candles are very nice too! :)

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Krystle,

CONGRATS! on your order, I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Must be exciting.

I wish you success at the craft show - I have an idea I'll blog in a day or two as well - you may like it, sort of a take-off/mutant of the flower-ring things you created, but something that may sell well for you!

Have a great 4th of July coming up.

~ Barb

Tatskool said...

Wow that commission sounds great. loved the pendant.

Tattin' Kat said...

Congrats!! Love the pendant and the tea lights are beautiful.