August 15, 2013

 Ok.  It's not an earth shakingly innovative design or anything, but I'm really enjoying how they turned out.  Especially since I did the metalsmithing on those big hammered silver loops!
All my big talk about wanting a torch quickly turned into a full blown workstation dedicated to the metal arts in the garage.  

My facebook friend have seen pieces popping up here and there over the last few weeks.  They will make their way over to ETSY this Autumn, as I am currently focused on finishing strong at the Farmer's Market.  I have a sketchbook of ideas and gobs of wire and sheet metal to incorporate in with my tatted work, and I'm super excited to get out of my busy season to have time to focus purely on the creative stuff.  It's funny, because I've been having this inner argument with myself after attending a leadership conference.  There was a professor talking about how to create and fuel innovation, and his schpeal was that you needed to build a whole new department or team focused on innovation, so you don't tax the main engine or processes of your business....  I'm still working out how to split myself in two and keep the production work going while creating new work.  I tend to only be able to focus on one box at a time.  But.  During the summer when I am working week to week to stock up, I've got regular patrons who come down just to see what's "new".  Oh the joys of wrestling balance into your life!  

At the end of the day, I'm just thankful that I get to be creative and call it "work". 

2 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Love your combination of tatting and silversmithing. Yes, balance is ideal, but not always easy to achieve. Good luck!!

Margarets designer cards said...

I love your combination of tatting and components
Lovely ideas
Margaret