February 4, 2009

Quantiesque, #9

Must.......have...........new........thread! I swear someone is going to think I'm a red hat lady with all the red and purple I put out! I might break down and buy some regular crochet cotton....I need some blue and green. And pink. And I think I saw a ball of rainbow at Joann..... Anyway this and -all the others you see in the same colors- is done in size 10 Royale crochet cotton. It's not all that bad to work with unless it get's a bit untwisted. I'd love to work in better threads, but I'm going to be a good girl and save my pennies!

Anyway, this is obviously Jon's Quantiesque. I feel mostly successful, however I did have trouble with right side/wrong side. I think I need to go through the pattern (which was very well explained and easy to follow by the way) with a highliter and mark all of the WS to work reverse stitches. I got going on round three and did the first chain in reverse, and then realized after completing a clover that If I would have just started it facing the other side I wouldn't have had to do anything reverse....(does that make sense? :-) So the clovers remain WS for this go at it. Other than that I need to remember to put a magic thread loop in the beginning, I'm so busy tatting over the beginning ends that I end up pulling both threads through the same spot or weaving one in. I guess what my tatting lacks is forethought and planning. I'm having a ball at it though. My personal goal is to finish my 25 for the challenge by May 1st. Our second baby is due May 19, but I went two weeks early with the last, so I'd like to finish because I just know I'll be way too distracted by the new little princess moving into our lives to even think about tatting once she is born. I'm still contemplating doing a pair of booties.........

Also found some size 80 ecru DMC that is taunting me from the thread box. I'm not sure what to try with it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your quanti is lovely! Isn't buying new thread fun! I don't need much of an excuse to get much, it's really sad, LOL! What does "WS" mean? Congratulatioins on your new baby coming! :)

Krystle said...

Wrong Side :-)

I may have taken the abbreviation from some other craft I'm not sure

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! I love the color combination! I think it really makes the design stand out.