The pattern is Springtime from Tatters Treasure Chest. I started this before Meirah was born, in fact part of the last round was done while I was in early labor with her. The thread is Yarnplayer's Roses. The last round is Scarlet that she dyed to match this colorway. The reason this ended up as a ufo is, I was so eager to conserve my precious hand dyed thread, that I kept putting too little on the shuttle. I think I had to add thread three times on the last round! Got frustrated and left it at the last spot that needed thread, like two inches from being finished. Anyway, it's done now, and I think it will head off to the memory box for new baby Meirah. After blocking of course. I don't really have anywhere to put a doiley around here, so I don't know why I make them.
High five to all who participated in the blog challenge! I had so much fun traipsing through blogland on a tour of lovely tatting spots. I found a few that I'd love to vacation too... (ehem Sherry!) Soon I'll do a post with all the participants so you can have a guided tour.