October 26, 2010

A wee snafoo

Upon closer inspection, Dr. Vonthreadmore and I discovered, much to our chagrin, that we had wound an entire batch of thread at 40 yards, instead of the regular 50 yards per skein.


Well, phoey for us, but yay for discounts! I have listed the thread at a price to reflect the shorter skein length, so if you would like to get your hands on some of our newest round of Midsummer Night's Dream, then head on over to our shop. We have sizes 10, 20, and 40 available, with color collections in size 20 and 40.

You should note, that there are a few differences (good ones!) in this batch, from the original version of Midsummer Night's dream. I wound the skeins longer to better accomodate the number of colors, and I have improved the blending between some of the colors as well.

The coordinating colors in the collections are "wine berries" which you will have seen in other batches, as well as a very subtly changing green. Soft and delicate color changes, so they can't be called solids....but perhaps "barely varigated's"

Anyway, we hope you enjoy this latest installment from the Laboratory. I will have a table set up at our lace guild's community event, so you will probably see a few batches come through the blog in the next few weeks as we prepare.

Ta ta!



4 comments:

Miranda said...

I think of your solids as "shaded". Variegated doesn't quite seem like the right word to me, since you only use one color of dye for them.

Unknown said...

Love those colors! It would be really helpful to see something made up with your new colors. Then, on your Etsy, show the finished piece along with your thread. If I could see something finished, it would help me envision what my piece might look like. I know you do it with some of your other colors and you do it more than the others who sell tatting thread. I think you would sell more thread if people could see a sample of a little something--nothing big. Just a thought . . . .

Bev said...

I read your blog at work and prayed all the way home that it hadn't all been sold. It hadn't, yay. I read, I saw, I bought : )) Great end to a lousy day.

Krystle said...

Yay Bev! Glad I could cheer up your day :-)

And I'll have something tatted up to show off this thread in the next day or so, I promise! It's good to know that you find that helpful...