March 22, 2011

Celebration!

Drumroll please....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I finished my quickbooks accounting mess, and filed my state business taxes !!!!!
.
.
.
YAY! Many of you know what a weight this has been....and how frustrated I've been...and I can confidently tell you that I would not have been able to dig through it without the help of some special tatters. Elizabeth is one of the smartest and most generous people I know...she let me pester her via ETSY convo incessantly these past few weeks. This of course just goes to show that tatters are some of the coolest folks on the planet. So many of you have given me encouragement... in blog comments, on facebook, and really you guys have put up with my whining like troopers.
Now that I am feeling a bit more freedom, and my posting will return to chipper, non tax-related accounts of my tatting exploits. Shuttlebirds is right around the corner, and I need to get some handouts readied for my classes. Dr. V has started a one woman/alter-ego campaign to get some thread dyed.... but I've also been accepted as a vendor at the Puyallup Farmers Market, so I need to stock up on jewelry for that, as well as purchase a tent and tables etc, and set up credit card processing. Blah blah blah..... so much for things easing up after my tax/accounting project :-) I'm also settling in at our new church, playing with their band once a month or so. I had hoped to keep the I lead worship at my last church cat in the bag, but one of Jim's coworkers spilled the beans so I've been asked to lead a few songs here and there. Don't get me wrong, I love leading worship.... I guess I've lost my "need" to do it. I'm just really happy supporting this leader and his team in any way I can. I'm also working with a friend to get some songs together to do a few coffee shop gigs, and I am practicing guitar an hour a day to get myself back in shape on my instrument. My oldest child is learning her numerals, the baby (almost two now, can you believe it?) is talking in full sentences. My husband supports me in everything I do..... he even volunteered to take the kids to their play group last week! Sales have picked up a little this month, nobody in the house is sick right now....all this to say that my life is TRULY wonderful.

9 comments:

Suztats said...

yay!

Karrieann said...

I love you Babe... I am so so proud of you! It will not be long noe before we will be together!

Gina said...

Good for you! Wanna do mine?They're not even business related and should be a breeze! I did sort out the medical & charity receipts today so I'm one step closer.

Miranda said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations on everything! I'm so happy for you!

I'm especially glad to hear about the Farmers Market position. Does that mean you get a permanent booth? That sounds awesome!

I'm happy that you're playing your guitar more, too. Now that tatting is a full-time career for you, you need some other creative outlet for relaxation!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! :-)

victats@gmail.com said...

I'm so happy you're happy! lol! I haven't started my taxes but I have a mound of papers to go through.

Tattin' Kat said...

Congrats. Aren't business taxes awful!!!! I'm trying to get all of mine in order this week. ARRRGGGGG!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing Dr V's hand dyed thread in your Etsy shop. Have put money aside for 1 or 2 (maybe 3 or 4) skeins : ))
Beverley

Being Mrs Miles said...

I am SO HAPPY for you, Krystle, you've worked so very hard. I love reading your blog and you are a true inspiration to me. I don't know how you do all you do!

I wish I was coming to Shuttlebirds this year but could not fit it in. Had I been able to I would have been first in line for your workshop.

I will pray for you with your finances, worship etc.

~ Barb