July 27, 2011

Globetrotting Contest

Well, Apparently Dr. Vonthreadmore read my last post....





I received a message from her earlier this afternoon, confirming that she is indeed making her way around the globe in search of wonderful combinations of color and inspiration. Unfortunately, the flighty Dr. V did not plan her travels well. She says she has been able to get by, but she neglected to bring a camera or anything at all to capture all of this wonderful inspiration! She is very distressed, and is worried that her travels will be for naught without a method of recording the needed information. After our chat, I did manage to come up with a plan. Dr. V mentioned her desire to visit some of the Leprechauns, and perhaps some other tatters that we know via the blogs. Anyway, I thought that you, our dear friends in Tattingland might lend the Dr some assistance if you happen to see her in her travels. If you do indeed come across our intrepid traveler in search of her muse, perhaps you could help her record her findings by sending a postcard on her behalf to my home address. The Dr. would be happy to reward the kind souls who participate by offering a prize to a winner chosen from the postcards that we receive. At least two postcards will be chosen as inspiration for the color or theme of a new batch of Dr. Vonthreadmore's fine dyed threads, and those winners will receive skeins of thread from their winning submission.

So, to summarize the "rules" for this contest:

1. Spot Dr. Vonthreadmore on her travels

2. Comment on this post with your email address, so I can provide you with my mailing address (comments will remain unpublished)

3. Send a postcard that shows/communicates an inspiration for a hand dyed colorway, and include Dr. Vonthreadmore's comments as to why she found it so inspiring. Include your email address on the postcard so that we can easily contact you.

4. Be sure to have your submission mailed by September 1st. Postcards received before September 30th will be considered, as Doctor V assures me she will be home by that date......international entries are welcome!

5. Upon her return, we will consider the entries and send off three skeins of thread to the two winners, in the size of their choice.

6. Multiple submissions are welcome, each on a single postcard. We'd like to chronicle Dr. V's travels well, and show the postcards here on the blog. You never know where that girl will turn up, so keep your eyes peeled!

(::wink::wink::disclaimer::)

Long time readers of my blog are well aquainted with Dr. Vonthreadmore, who is indeed my alter ego/imaginary friend..... if you'd like to learn more about her, you can click here - http://krystledawnetats.blogspot.com/search?q=Dr.+Vonthreadmore
to read some of my previous posts that tell of her antics. Tatting and Non-tatting readers are both welcome to enter.... if you'd like to enter but do not have a use for hand dyed thread, I would be happy to substitute a jewelry prize made from the inspired thread :-)

4 comments:

Tara said...

thank you for the opportunity for this giveaway. Since I live in Maryland, I think I will see what I can find here locally for colour inspiration.

Miranda said...

This is one of the most creative contests I've ever seen. I'm sure that the good Doctor will come through New Mexico in her travels; we have so many inspiring landscapes. I can't wait to see what new colorways she comes up with!

Red said...

I'm sure on her way through New Mexico she'll travel through AZ next door! I'll keep my eye out...

Gram/Maureen said...

Darling, Dr. V is always welcome, but I have not seen her yet. If I do I'll let you know. In the mean time -- YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. The new picturs of your necklaces accent YOU.

Gram