November 16, 2010

The show must go on

It's a crummy cell phone picture, but you get the idea of my setup at the first show.. I had two craft shows, the first on Friday night which I mentioned briefly in the last post. The weekend was quite a whirlwind, as I arrived home from fridays show at 10pm, and had to sort and price tag all of my hand dyed thread for the next morning's show. I don't usually take thread to shows, but this one was the guild's Lace Day event. I offered to be a vendor in hopes that maybe I would sell a few skeins of thread, and I took my jewelry along to maybe at least show a modern use of lace techniques. I wasn't really hopeful that I would bring home much bacon, cause that really wasn't why I was doing this event. Anyway, my expectations were GREATLY surpassed --- as soon as I sat down from setting up my stuff, I was swamped with sales.....both jewelry and thread! I was so honored and touched by how well my work was received. Several of the ladies who do wonderful bobbin lace work took home some jewelry as gifts. I sold almost all of my larger (more expensive) necklaces and bracelets... and a whole load of thread. It just blew me away! In fact, my sales total from the lace day event, is more than the past two shows combined. And after a very slow two weeks on etsy, things have suddenly picked up and I am doing custom work and filling orders and loving every minute of it! It's funny how success can bring it's own sets of problems, I have an aunt who sells jewelry at gun shows and she wanted to take several pieces on consignment......well,..... I sold all of those pieces....so now I am trying as hard as I can to fill remaining orders as well as do some larger pieces for her to take, as well as some more snowflake earrings. One thing I know, is next year, I will start making snowflake earrings in june lol!


10 comments:

Miranda said...

Woo-hoo! That's so awesome! Isn't it great when you can make money doing what you love? I'm really happy for you!

Umintsuru said...

Congrats Krystle!! It is so good to hear. I'm so glad for you.

TotusMel said...

Congrats on the success, may it continue!

Karrieann said...

Bravo! Bravo! So happy for you My Darling!!!!

Jesse said...

So glad to hear that the sales are going well for you! It's well deserved.

God's Kid said...

Congratulations! May the blessings continue! :)

tatterjil said...

Yay! I am so glad you are making lots of money. ;)

Tat-a-Renda said...

Congratulations! I hope this trend will keep going and going for you.

IsDihara said...

congratulations on your fabulous show sales! Just hope all this brisk business doesn't trigger exhaustion. Stay well and bask in the glow of your well-deserved success!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Yay! I am TICKLED for you!!!