February 11, 2009

drumroll please.........

It's here! my number 10 for the challenge.


AnneB's lovely design is realised! Yaya! So many ends to hide, so much pulling apart.......


If I were to do it again I'd change the tension. The first few rings I pulled too tight so I had to follow that through the whole thing. But I really like it! It shall take it's place somewhere around here. I don't have many flat surfaces available---where it won't be snatched away into oblivion by a certain two year old.


The teeney snowflake from the previous post is #11, and this is number 12. It's about two inches, again in the DMC 80 ecru. I can't remember where the pattern is from, it's in my notebook of things I've printed from the internet over the years. It is one part of a doiley, I think I'll save it for my daughter's doll house. Her Great-Great grandfather built her a beautiful dollhouse (more beautiful than the one he built for me) shortly after he had his stroke. It's in a safe place untill she is old enough for it, so maybe I'll start stashing a collection of furniture and tiny tatted linens.
Goodnight for now!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I like your use of color in the doily. For the smaller motif - I can see a butterfly emerging! Add a head with antenna and a tail.

Tat-a-Renda said...

In spite of the many ends to hide don't you think that it is worth all the effort? I would. It is a beautiful doily.