February 19, 2009

Tatting and the twos.

That almost sounds like the start of a Dr Seuss Book!

Alas my dearest little munchkin will be turning two years old next week. I don't like to call them the "terrible two's", to me that's just excusing bad behavior. But- toddlers should come with a label that reads something like this:

Warning: Do not attempt to tat in the general proximity of this child, even if it is your intention to teach said child that the world does not revolve around her. Such activity will result in Retro-tatting a whole hours worth of tiny rings, and various amounts of chain work. Symptoms such as inaccurate joins, missed stitches, and inconsistent tension may occur.




Edited to include this update:

Don't try tatting by the bathtub either. Brilliant idea, right? She will be busily playing with her toys in her three inches of water, too busy to notice I'm accomplinshing anything!
Yeah, right. I think she poo-poo'd in the tub just to spite me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't try tatting while on the phone, either!

The Chung Family said...

You crack me up! I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 2 year old and tatting is definitely off the list when they are in the room! That's when you do boring projects like mending. Save the tatting for after bedtime! :)