September 10, 2010

That's better..


Initially I had struggled to capture the colors of my newest Hand Dyed Thread. This is a much better representation of "Sea Glass"


I made a bracelet to show how it works up, and here is a little three year old aspiring hand model helping me out :-)

Really I started dying my own threads because I just love color. This batch well covers one of my favorite color "stories" of teals, greens, and ocean blues.
I have another batch of "Vineyard at dusk" planned, but it might not happen until early next week. I've been so busy on the computer between my transition at work/church and my Etsy shop, that poor hubby has been feeling neglected. I solmenly swore that I'd turn off my computer when he got home today, and leave it off for the rest of the night. So that's why you can see the unfinished ends on the bracelet in the hand model shot, I wanted to post the pics before he gets home (just heard the car door...) :-)


3 comments:

Miranda said...

Wow, that's gorgeous!

God's Kid said...

Even unfinished your work looks great! :)
Enjoy the time with your hubby it's important, and speaking of which I had better follow your example since mine is only home on weekends. :)

Ridgewoman said...

Good for you. Those of us blessed to have godly husbands; well, they should definitely be a priority in our lives! I know sometimes I neglect my DH when I'm on the computer; and, when I catch myself doing that ~ I just shut 'er down!

Those colors are my favorites too…I love jewel-like colors; no pastels for me!

Have a blessed day! bj