September 22, 2010

Vineyard at Dusk part deux

After much wait and debate, Dr. Vonthreadmore finally had her way.
I wasn't really in the mood for a batch of thread, but she finally won me over with her pouty lip and a dose of "It's for the children!" Ever since she caught wind of my desire to support the family with the Etsy venture, she has been using that against me. How can I say no when she piles on a guilty helping of "You don't want to feed them nothing but ramen next month, now do you?????"


We did learn some things from this batch. The previously puzzling blue has been narrowed to the dilution of a certain color of dye (that I bought on clearance, now I know why!). It separates into the most unique blue, and now that I know that I wish it was a little more controllable. This batch ended up with a little mottled bluey brown, and honestly I really like it. The separation is a little stronger on the larger threads, but at this point I'm considering it a naturaly variation for this colorway. Also the green at the lightest end of the spectrum is a little brigher than I've been able to show in any of these pictures.

I tried to capture to the best of my ability the solid purple for a bloggy friend of mine who has been waiting ever so patiently for this batch to be done.... It is ever so lighty varigated, I leave just a touch of tonal change in my solids. Gives them depth and texture.


You will be able to purchase some of this thread from my etsy shop soon, I will probably not have time to get the listings done until late tonight, so check in tomorrow if you have a hankering for some HDT. I have sizes 10, 20, 40, 80, as well as limited edition color collections in 20 and 40.



In the background you'll see my final aqusition in props, some awesome metal patina leaves. You'll see more of them soon.
The Dr. Sends her salutations!


7 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

You know that your mom was wearing a button with the image of Dr Threadmore on it at Tat Days, don't you?

The doctor is in....

Miranda said...

I love, love, love that solid purple!

The mark of a good backdrop is that it enhances the subject of the photo without being overly noticeable in itself. I think you have a winner with these leaves.

Tattips said...

I like your choice of colors for Vineyard at Dusk, the go very well together......

Umintsuru said...

I love the colours, Krystle. And I thought those were real leaves!

Karrieann said...

(waves @ Crazy Mom)

Looks like the good ole Dr. is back at it again... and she always create beautiful color mixes!

... Krystle would you pass on my Christmas wishlist to Dr...... Mom's wishlist... threads created in all the yummy colors, please?

(giggles)
The threads are beautiful, Hun!

Fox said...

Purple - sensational! Your skills are showing!
Fox

Beelizabeth said...

I just can't resist the good Doctor's threads. Surprisingly, some of my favorites turn out to be "Oops" threads and experiments-- you never know how things are going to turn out, but everything I've tried with them has turned out wonderful. I'm even planning an acrylic shuttle with one of the last ones I got! Tell the Doctor to keep up the good work-- and the mistakes!