February 21, 2011

Because my brain needs a break.



So today that was supposed to be tax day, turned quickly into oh no this software isn't going to do what i need it to day. So off we went, my four year old and I, to exchange the software and buy a pinata for her party. That was the high point of the day, and then, it turned into oh dear Lord what have I done my brain is fried from watching Quickbooks vidoe tutorials AHHHHH day.

This blog post is so I can get my brain to think about something else before it completely shuts down. How about that interestingly orange thread you see in the picture above this post? It's Lizbeth #696..... soft orange or something like that. Anyway, it's a strange color. I saw it in person at IOLI last year, and swore I'd never buy it. Ick. So, looking in my drawer last night, I found it....unopened, and honestly I cannot remember what posessed me to order it! I think, generally, I have a good knack for color coordinating in interesting ways....but this was just staring at me .... laughing at me. Finally, I had to call in Dr. Vonthreadmore. I had been approaching the color from a floral mindset.....and it just wasn't happening. I held it next to every single drop bead and seed bead within my collection. Nothing looked right. Well, Dr. Vonthreadmore, as helpful as she can be, let me stew over it a bit longer before dropping a vial of creamy pearl seed beads in my hand. Without a word, she stalked off into the night. (she's not talking to me agian, I promised her an etsy shop of her own last year, and she knows that I have been rethinking that idea) After staring darts at the back of her head (really, I get enough attitude from the girls... Dr. V just needs to put on her big girl panites and move on) I took a glance at her selection. Badda bing she was right! Instead of tryint to push a pink or a green on this orange thread, the pearly smooth color she had indicated was perfect! A creamsicle pairing! Delicious! Now, I think we have a winner, and a use for this interesting and no longer awful thread color! So, thank you Dr. V. I'll do right by you soon, I'll have a whole batch of thread wound and ready for dye.......as soon as I figure out how to set up Quickbooks. Maybe our next thread should be called "death by taxes".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the post ~ you're a rather witty writer... but you probably knew that already

Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot to mention:

I'm a fan of that color! I actually love the color orange (I think I'm the only one of my family/friends that likes it)

Interesting huh... one person's dislike is another person's like

God's Kid said...

Nice earrings! :)

Beelizabeth said...

I've been watching anxiously for word that the good Doctor was being let out again- I even considered buying the HDT you have left to see if that would encourage the Doctor to dye some more.

Tattin' Kat said...

I'll be screaming with you soon when I try and do our taxes. ARRRRRGGG TAXES!!!!!!!

The Chung Family said...

LOL! I wonder what color "death by taxes" would be? Black, green, and red?

Fox said...

Beautiful orange. Like a Creamsicle!
Fox : )

Being Mrs Miles said...

I think you need to put Dr. V in her place *snort*

The earrings do look creamsicle delish and would be ideal with a soft summer dress! Summer, remember that season? Sigh.

~ Barb