April 29, 2011

Mucho dissapointo

I am SO unhappy right now. The memory card that contained ALL of my Shuttlebirds pictures, AND all of our easter sunday egg hunt video/pictures quit on me today. It's a brand new card, the first pictures on the card were taken at shuttlebirds in fact. Kinda takes the wind out of my sails on posting about shuttlebirds..... Sigh. I need to mourn the loss of the video clips and pictures of the little ones in their easter dresses for awhile and then I will at least take pictures of my projects from shuttlebirds. Next month at guild I should be able to get a copy of the CD that the event photographer has......there should be pictures from my classes in there.

Groan. Sigh. sorry, I'll get over my lost memories and be less melancholy soon. I have been doing an insane amount of tatting to get ready for the farmers market, and I will be taking some pictures of the new items and designs before they go, so I will have some cheery bright photos to show.

8 comments:

mica said...

What a bummer! Losing pictures is so difficult! The last time my hard drive crashed I lost a bunch of random files, but what I was most disappointed about were the photos. Most were backed up, but not all the recent ones. I hope playing with some thread will help cheer you up!

Marilee Rockley said...

So sorry to hear about the pictures problem. Maybe if you take the memory card to a photography store, they can get the pictures off for you. I've noticed that software programs exist that can even recover pictures that have been deleted.

I had a similar problem with my camera recently. I didn't have a memory card, but the pictures were stuck on the hard drive and I couldn't get them out - until I changed the upload setting in the camera from "mass storage" to whatever the other setting was (I'm not technically inclined so I can't remember what it was exactly, some sort of initials - but it's another upload setting option).

Anyway, I hope you get your pictures!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Krystle, what do you mean it quit? I've "lost" or deleted all my photos before but recovered them using a program I downloaded! If you had not "formatted" the chip perhaps you could recover them too? Let me know. Also, have you tried reading them in a different computer? It might be the computer and not the chip. Don't give up! HUG!


Thinking of you,
~ Barb

Bonnie said...

oh my goodness, I'm so sorry about that

Krystle said...

Thanks all for the comments, I think i just got a defective card. It is unreadable by my phone or my computers, and I can't format it. it's a 16gb card, and when you put it in, it thinks it is a 1gb. Everything I have tried points to it just being a bad card. I should have seen the signs, it had failed to save several pictures, and it had saved some files poorly, but I thought it was my phone. guess it's better that it is the card and not the smartphone!

tatterjil said...

Oh, I am so sorry! Lost pictures are miserable-making.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I'm so sorry Krystle! Dad-Blasticals!!! I know how you feel. Just today I was looking for some files until I realized they were the ones I lost in a hard drive failure over a year ago. I don't think a day has gone by that I don't think about all that I lost.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hug! :(