December 23, 2011

A very Merry Christmas to you!

December has become my month off from tatting....two years in a row now. It would seem that after umpteen hours spent in production through the spring and summer, which of course drags into holiday show prep in the fall, and then into sales in the winter.... I've just about had it with double stitches for a spell lol! So, the pressure is off for December. Decompress. Do something else for the sake of sanity :-) I've kept the shop open with some things that are still in stock, and I've been finishing up custom orders generated from the shows, but other than that, I've put the shuttles away to do whatevertheheck I want! I've been making christmas pressies, and since I get the yarn itch every winter, most people are getting hats. The grandparents are getting some great Photo calendars that I put together, (It's ok, Gram already spilled the beans, so if Mom reads about it here the surprise isn't really spoiled :-)

Anyway, it's like 2am, and my laptop battery is about to die. So I'm signing off for this year in all likelyhood. Hubby is home all next week, so I plan on letting Dr. V get busy. if you know what I mean :-)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!

p.s. I haven't made the rounds on the blogs lately to comment and such, becuase I had to implement some time management skills.....such as removing Blogger and Facebook and Craftopolis from my homepages that open automaticaly when I open Internet Explorer. I get sidetracked so easily, and having to go to the site and manually log in each time makes me think a little about if I really need to be doing that at that moment. Sometimes it works :-)

9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Merry Christmas, Krystle!

Marilee Rockley said...

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas! I totally understand the need to do something else for a spell, have fun and enjoy your family :)

Call design said...

Merry Christmas

Tatfully Yours said...

Happy holidays to you and yours!!!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

You DESERVE a break!! You are a wonderful ambassador for tatting all year long. I can't imagine how you get everything done! And shows can be very stressful! Just getting inventory ready and setting up for them is difficult enough, but being hit by that windstorm would have discouraged most people, yet you forged ahead!!

Have a nice, enjoyable, low-stress holiday with your family!

Jessica said...

Merry Christmas!

I'm up in Seattle for a bit. Made it to the last guild meeting and had hoped to show you the two garlands I've got going on using your rhinestone bracelet pattern. The one I have finished is 6 yards with big beads and size 3 thread. The one I'm only half way done with that I'll put aside to finish for next year has much smaller beads and is 10 yards long! I'm using size 10 thread and it's working out pretty well. Fantastic pattern. Thanks for sharing!

I'll be at the next guild meeting. How to see you there!

Jesse said...

Hope you have a lovely Christmas, and a wonderful new year!

Being Mrs Miles said...

And Happy New Year, Krystle, to you and your lovely family. May God bless you for 2012.

Barb

Being Mrs Miles said...

Oh Krysssstllleeee...

I miss ya!

;)

Barb